Once in a decade, Manitoba is given the opportunity to host the Institute of Public Administration of Canada’s annual national conference- an exciting event that brings public servants, academia, and private sector partners together to exchange ideas about issues facing the public sector. Manitoba’s time has arrived, how will you respond?
From August 18-21, 2019, bright minds and passionate hearts from across Canada will explore the conference theme of Public Sector Transformation: Action and Meaningful Change. This platform needs to be paired with equally talented and engaged volunteers to ensure its success.
As a volunteer, you will be the first contact for many of the delegates, and will play a critical role in creating space to maximize conference value for participants.
Why should you volunteer?
* Network with public administration staff and senior officials from across Canada
* Access learning opportunities connected to policy issues facing the public service
* Acquire insight into the operations of a national conference
* Unique opportunity to make a contribution to the public service community
* Gain useful volunteer experience to strengthen your CV
Volunteer roles include:
* Helping with logistics and media
* Managing the registration desk for delegates and speakers
* Answering questions and providing general information
* Moderating and hosting breakout sessions
* Escorting delegates on field trip sessions
* French language translating
Want to join the team?
Sign up as a 2019 IPAC Conference volunteer now! If you expressed your interest in volunteering earlier this year, please know that we have you on the list. Volunteer positions will be assigned based on qualifications and need. You will be contacted in the spring with further information.
We look forward to your participation in this unique event. Thank you for your support!